2nd October 2020
87% of marketers believe that video is an important part of their content marketing strategy as it helps businesses reach larger audiences, increase conversions and raise profits.
Given these benefits, many marketers plan to maintain or increase the use of marketing videos, but, what are the types of videos that work best for brands? Should you focus on one type or mix it up?
Here in this blog we will show you 5 types of social media videos that your company can use to market its products and services. At the beginning try to film and upload different types of videos to see what your audience responds too.
5 types of videos that work best on social networks
- PRODUCT DEMO VIDEO. Videos are far more engaging than text. Using video to show the benefits and features of your product may have an impact on your audience purchasing decision. It will be easier for them to understand and retain the information. Here you have an example of Google introducing a new feature to its translate app: Tap-to-translate.
- BEHIND THE SCENES VIDEO. This is a great way to show who you are and how you work. Film your daily operations, your offices, the manufacturing process or the team. Regardless of the quality and the type of video, it will be easier for customers to build brand trust if they know who is behind the brand.
- USER-GENERATED VIDEO. These videos are an easier way to reach larger audiences. This is due to the fact that user-generated videos are usually more shareable than other types of videos. Thus, if you want to gain exposure, encourage your customers to create videos and to tag you.
- INTERVIEWS/Q&A. People often look for reviews before purchasing a product. Having interviews on your social media profile where both employees and customers talk about the benefits of your product, may help your potential customers in their purchasing decision. Gathering questions from your followers and filming a Q&A video answering them is also a great way to build brand trust.
- LIVE VIDEOS. It is an easy way to connect with your audience. Companies usually use them for announcements or to give more information about their products or services. Once the employees finish, people can ask them questions that will be answered in streaming.
Video tips to obtain a high ROI
Regardless of the type of video you choose, make sure you follow these tips. They will help you obtain a higher ROI when it comes to making videos.
- Entertain and inspire your audience. Be creative and avoid copying your competitors.
- Keep your videos short. Take into account that each social media platform has different video requirements. Knowing the best practices for each of the platforms that you use is key.
- Grab people’s attention. Nowadays, we have access to a lot of content. If your video doesn’t catch your customer attention in the first 3 seconds, they will keep scrolling down to find something else they like.
- Use good lightning and avoid filming in an echoey room.
- Add captions so that people can follow along.
- Upload a video file directly rather than a link.
- Optimise your video for mobile users. Many people are now using their mobile phone to check their social media accounts. Thus, make sure your videos can be also viewed with a mobile phone.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of the types of videos you can use in your social media profiles. Should you have any doubts, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for reading,