Making Amazon Product Videos
Amazon, today’s powerhouse online store, has recently added a new feature to its website: Amazon Product Video.
Said in another way: some sellers (marketplace sellers and vendors) are now able to include product videos on their Amazon listing as well as on their initial preview listings. Although product videos are still not available to all sellers, they will be soon standardised across the site.
Why do you need videos on your Amazon listing?
As mentioned in previous blogs, videos are a powerful marketing tool. Apart from being more engaging than images, they allow businesses to explain their product’s features and USPs faster.
In terms of video, you can produce 1000 + 1 types of different videos, and product videos are one of them. But if you are reading this now, you will probably know what product videos are used for, so telling you that you can create Amazon product videos will not be a discovery for you. But why do companies make these types of videos?
It is not uncommon for an Amazon product picture to look a little different from the real item. Here videos with a 3-dimensional actual look and feel improve the customer experience, driving conversions and increasing sales.
What’s more, in recent research 80% of people said that they feel more confident about purchasing after watching a video while 1/4 of customers have stated that they look for product videos on search engines like YouTube before buying an item.
Thus, product videos are key in the buyer purchasing process and could be the deciding factor in boosting your sales.
In addition, many small companies and resellers will not be able to afford quality video production. Having a quality product video will help you position yourself as a market leader and help you stand out from competitors.
Finally, keyword search optimisation for Amazon product videos is key too. When searching, a product video containing your keyword will pop up catching the buyer’s attention.
Types of video styles used
The type of video style used will vary depending on the product. However, the most common types are:
- Product highlights video. It focuses on the product. An example will be a 360° view of the item.
- Customer experience video. It shows people using the product. It will help buyers understand the usefulness of the product.
- Explainer video. It focuses on the benefits of the product. It shows potential buyers how the product can solve their problems.
- Comparison video. It compares the product with the competitor’s or shows how the buyer’s life will be with and without it.
You can also check the New and Useful Product Video trends in 2022 to have a better idea what to do. Brands can further improve the customer experience by uploading “Related-video shorts” placed above the reviews. Some examples are unboxing videos, how-to videos or testimonials.
How much does an Amazon Product Video cost?
Amazon product videos are cheaper than a standard product video for a commercial. You can even use your mobile phone to film them.
Nevertheless, if you want to have a high-quality look and feel for your product and you have the budget, we recommend you hire a production company like ours. High-end video production will have a greater impact on potential customers.
Depending on your video style and approach, expect to pay anything from £500 to £5,000.
Amazon Product Videos tips
Okay, so you are an Amazon seller and you want your product to have a fantastic video. Are you thinking of recording the video yourself and not hire a video production company and save that money? Here are some fantastic tips that will help you:
Whether you decide to film the video in-house or to hire a production company, here are some useful amazon product video tips:
- Know which type of product video you want to shoot.
- Create a message in the video that convinces your potential buyers to add your product to their cart and buy it (storytelling plays here a huge role)
- When shooting your video, you need to know what you are doing. Be sure that the shots you are taking will be useful for your final video. You need to take loads of shoots from many different angles, zoom in, zoom out, rotate your camera… just shoot a lot of material so you will have plenty of videos to use in post-production.
- Familiarise yourself with Amazon’s video content policy. Amazon has specific terms and policies regarding types of content that are not allowed, so do take the content policy into account to avoid being penalised.
- Use high-resolution photos and videos.
- Focus on the product’s characteristics and benefits to convince potential customers.
- Want to use a specific music or song for your video? Decide which one to use before shooting the videos so you can mimic the angles changes and movements on the video with the music rhythm.
- Use your brand colours and include your logo
- Keep the videos short (less than 1 minute).
- Have in mind the lighting (natural or artificial light?).
- Showcase your product in the first seconds. Otherwise, potential customers may lose interest or scroll down.
So hopefully now you have an idea of how you can create your own DIY amazon product video. But now, after all this info you will probably be feeling a bit overwhelmed, right? There are so many details to have in mind when creating your product video, we know about that and we understand you.
That’s why you can always rely on a professional video production company like us to produce your amazon product video. It will be worth the investment. I f you are still not sure you need a product videographer, just read this blog.
We hope that you now have a better understanding of the types and benefits of Amazon product videos. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thanks for reading,
Maria & Marta.
Contact Impress Video now
If you would like to do a Product Video with video production and marketing professionals, or any other type of video, we can help you at Impress Video. We make video production for businesses, the ones that impress. Don’t hesitate to contact us here!