11th February 2021
Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer, has recently added a new feature to its website: Amazon Product Videos. Here in this blog, we will show you which users can upload videos to their listings, the guidelines they should follow as well as the benefits of this video type.
Who can upload Product Videos to Amazon?
Product videos aren’t currently available to all Amazon sellers. In fact, only vendors and sellers who own a brand registered on Amazon’s Brand Registry can upload product videos to their listings right now. Note that, many sellers from the EU and the UK don’t have the option to upload videos to their Amazon listing yet. Here, the feature is just available to vendors.
Amazon Product Video Guidelines
Amazon product video guidelines are very strict. Violation of these guidelines will result in your video or entire account being removed. Here are some examples:
- Videos should be high quality.
- The product video must be entirely in English.
- Videos can’t contain several brand logos.
- The video should either be in its usual YouTube orientation or with 16:9 aspect ratio.
- It should be in any of these file formats: MP4, MOV, FLV, AAC, AVI, 3GP, MPEG-2.
- Videos should be uploaded with a high-quality thumbnail (The thumbnail image should be in .png or .jpeg).
- The person uploading the video must be the brand owner.
- Claims should be supported by evidence.
- Owners can’t include defamatory statements.
- No controversial, sensitive or sexually suggestive content.
- No health or medical claims and medical advice.
- Amazon product videos must not contain prices, promotion information, discounts or time-sensitive information.
- You must not mention reviews that contain inaccurate information about the product, use reviews posted more than one year ago or edit reviews.
- No contact information.
- You can’t modify the manufacturer’s warranty or offer your own one.
- You must not direct viewers away from Amazon’s page.
Bear in mind that Amazon keeps updating its Amazon Product Video guidelines. Thus, make sure you review them and make any changes if needed.
Why should you use video on your Amazon Product Page?
An Amazon Product Video is an effective tool to show the product’s features, uses and brand information. It helps viewers better understand the product and determine whether it covers their needs. Besides, a recent survey stated that 79% of online shoppers would rather watch a video about a product than read its description. 96% of the respondents also said that video helps them make an online purchase. Finally, Amazon product videos save a lot of time to potential customers as they don’t have to leave the page to look for further information and reviews about the product
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of Amazon product videos’ benefits and guidelines. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading,