8th April 2020
Customer Review Videos
Are videos useful?
Video is the most powerful marketing tool. It outperforms textual posts and static images for engagement. So, what about using video to show customer reviews? Is it better to use video rather than text for testimonials? This blog will outline the importance of customer review videos.
Key statistics about Customer Reviews
Recent studies suggest that customer reviews are the most powerful purchase influence. In fact, 88% of consumers consult reviews before making a purchase. They also suggest that 63% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase from a site that has customer reviews. Thus, a website with customer testimonials will generate more sales than a website without reviews. Finally, 72% of consumers also say that positive reviews make them trust a local business more than they may have otherwise.
Benefits of getting Reviews
By getting reviews, a company can:
- Acquire testimonials that can be used as a marketing tool and that will help building brand trust.
- Obtain feedback to improve business’ performance. It helps a business understand what is it doing right/wrong.
- Improve visibility of the company in Google. Google tracks the activity of ratings and boosts those companies with high rates or with a large quantity of ratings. Briefly, it recognises those companies that engage with customers. The higher the amount of good reviews, the higher the probability to appear on the Google Local Pack, which shows local business related to your search.
Video Testimonials vs Text Testimonials
As mentioned before, video is the most powerful marketing tool. Thus, customer review videos are far more engaging and convincing than text testimonials. Visitors will stay on your site longer and the probability of selling a product/ service is higher.
What’s more, visual content is 40 times more likely to be shared on social media than other types of content. As a consequence, the amount of potential customers and brand awareness increase.
Finally, customer review videos on your website also provide SEO value and drive more traffic to your site. But, the question is, how to get memorable video testimonials from customers? It can be simplifies in 4 steps:
- Show them that they are valuable. Explain why did you pick them.
- Be helpful and lead the process.
- Offer to interview them. It will be easier for customers to share their experiences answering questions.
- Show them good examples
Customer Review Videos at Impress
To date, we have produced over one hundred interviews and client review videos. We have done them for documentaries, behind the scenes for films and corporate video testimonials. Thus, we can say that the team at Impress has the knowledge and expertise required to create impactful customer review videos to market your business and to build credibility among new potential customers.
Once you have the video it can be used in social media, newsletters or the company’s websites within other options to increase its impact.
Here you can see our in-house testimonials.