4th March 2021
Explainer videos are one of the most powerful marketing tools. There are many explainer video types out there, each of them requiring different techniques, resources and amount of time to be created. Here in this blog, we will show and explain you some of them to help you identify the best explainer video style for your brand.
The best Explainer Video type for your brand
As mentioned before, there exist many types of explainer videos. The one you choose for your business will depend mainly on your objective (boosting sales, launching a new product or service, building brand trust, etc.).
Best Explainer Video to launch a new product or service
Here are the most effective explainer videos to launch a new product or service:
- 2D ANIMATED EXPLAINER VIDEOS. 2D animated videos, which are appealing and engaging, are considered one of the most shareable types of content. They are affordable and easy to produce and both B2B and B2C can use them.
- 3D ANIMATED EXPLAINER VIDEOS. These videos offer much more freedom and creativity than any other animation style. However, they are the costliest ones too.
- LIVE ACTION + ANIMATION. These videos combine live-action video and animation. They are quite time-consuming as videos are firstly recorded with a camera and then sent to post-production to add the animated elements, but the end result is worth it.
- SCREEN CAPTURE (also called screencast). A screencast is a video recording that shows how a specific product, process or software works. This video type is very suitable for companies with few resources, as its production requires low investment.
- STOP MOTION EXPLAINER VIDEOS. Stop motion videos are very engaging and fun to watch marketing tools. Here, all the photos capturing the short movements of the product are merged into one film to imitate the real motion of the object.
Most suitable explainer video to build brand trust
On the contrary, if your main goal is to build brand trust and loyalty, you should use these explainer video types instead:
- KINETIC TYPOGRAPHIC ANIMATION. These videos use typography fonts rather than images to tell a story. They are very suitable for companies that want to highlight certain data or figures.
- INFOGRAPHIC VIDEOS. Infographic videos are a type of typographic videos, boosted with characters and images. They are really useful to explain key figures and data too.
Explainer Videos to build brand awareness
Finally, if you want to build brand awareness, you can use the following:
- LIVE-ACTION. Here, real people get in front of the camera to explain how a product works. Its price will vary greatly depending on locations, casting, equipment, etc.
- WHITEBOARD EXPLAINER VIDEOS. whiteboard videos are made up of illustrations drawn on a whiteboard or white background and they are really useful to present complex information in an easy-to-understand way.
Note that, all of them (if well-produced) will help you boost sales.
Few things to consider
Before you decide the best explainer video style for your business, make sure you have an answer to the following questions:
- What is my goal?
- Who is my target audience?
- What is the message I want to convey?
- What is my budget?
- When do I need the video?
Besides, if you decide to hire a video production company to produce your explainer video rather than creating it in-house, check their portfolio and testimonials before signing any contract. So, ensure you pick the right team to avoid wasting your time and money.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of what is the best explainer video style for your business. Should you have any doubt, do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading,