3rd November 2020
The use of video marketing is on the raise. Taking into account how beneficial video is for a company, many brands have decided to use video as part of their marketing strategy.
Within the most popular videos used by companies we have corporate videos, a powerful asset to showcase the brand itself or the product or service offered. The combination of visuals and sounds motivates many people to take action.
Here in this blog we’re going to analyse what are the benefits of corporate videos as well as the 2020 corporate video trends. Keep reading to learn more.
Benefits of using a Corporate Video
It is firmly believed that videos benefit a company. But, how do corporate videos benefit a business?
- Corporate videos raise brand awareness.
- They simplify and explain key messages.
- They help companies rank higher on SERPs.
- Corporate videos drive traffic to your website.
- They raise conversions. In fact, when a company embeds a high-quality video in its landing page, conversions can increase up to 300%.
- Corporate videos are a useful tool to showcase happy customers, which may encourage potential customers to take action.
Corporate Video trends in 2020
Businesses have been using video for many years. However, each year there are new trends. Within the 2020 trends we find:
- The use of Live Videos. Live videos can be used to promote new products or services, to make announcements or even to do interviews. Its use is on the rise because potential customers enjoy interacting with real people. What’s more, it is a simple and a cheap tool as no editing is required.
- The production of 360 videos. Although it can be costly to produce, 360 videos provide a good ROI. Apart from the fact that they help businesses stand out from the crowd, they drive 7% more of sales.
- The production of longer videos. Human attention span is shrinking and many companies decided to shorten their videos to catch people’s attention. However, a recent research has said that people engage more with longer videos. Their hunger for stories may encourage businesses to produce longer videos.
- The use of subtitles. Some social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram autoplay videos without sound. Consequently, many companies have decided to add subtitles to their videos, allowing people to watch the video with no sound.
- The introduction of user-generated content as part of your marketing strategy. Users tend to trust other users rather than the brand itself. Thus, many companies have decided to ask their followers to create content to be shared on their platforms later on.
- The expansion of training and educational videos. Until now, each time you didn’t know how to use a product, you looked for a tutorial on Youtube. Right now, you can find many companies filming their own tutorials as it helps them build brand trust.
Types of Corporate Videos
Although being aware of the new trends is important, it is just as important to understand the different types of corporate video. Some examples are:
- Testimonial video
- Promotional video
- Product video
- Team Interview
- Announcement video
- Explainer animation video
- Training video
After reading this blog, we hope you have a better understanding of the usefulness and current trends of corporate videos.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading,