21st May 2020
E-commerce video production
E-commerce videos are a powerful tool to show your product’s features and to raise brand awareness.
At Impress, we produced one of the first set of e-commerce videos for a London jewellery company, producing over 500 product videos. Videos are an essential part of a business’ marketing strategy. In fact, they are a key tool to drive conversions and conversations.
According to recent studies, 96% of people that buy products online find videos helpful in making their decision. Your target audience is usually worried about the real aspect and quality of online products. Using videos rather than images to show the products’ features and uses will help them make the buying decision as they will know what to expect when receiving your product. These videos provide a more realistic view of the products.
What’s more, it is also proved that 73% of customers are more likely to buy a product after watching an explainer video. Once they have watched the video, viewers know if the product will cover their needs and or solve their problems.
What type of E-commerce videos should I use?
There are many types of product videos. The most common ones:
- Product demo video. It shows the product in use displaying its features and benefits.
- Explainer video or ‘How to’ video.
- Story. It shows people using the product in real life. It also emphasises the product’s benefits.
- Testimonial video. Here buyers share their experiences having used the product.
- Video advertisement. All the product videos mentioned above can be used as an advert. However, some videos are especially designed to convince people to buy the product and take some sort of action after watching the video.
The type of product video used will vary depending on your product.
Where should I distribute my e-commerce videos?
To maximise on your investment; use the product video on as many platforms as possible.
Firstly, you should upload it to your website. You can include it on your landing page or in the product page to help potential customers finalise their decision. If you sell your product on Amazon, you can also upload it to your Amazon product listing.
You can also post your video on your social media channels like Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Finally consider embedding your product video in your email footer too.
If your budget allows, you may also consider investing in online paid advertising or TV adverts to reach even more audiences.
Consider hiring a production team
E-commerce product videos can be produced in-house. You can even use your mobile phone to film them. However, for a high-end product video, we recommend you hiring a production company. Their experience and know-how will help you create the impactful quality video you need to increase conversions and raise revenues.
Tips for your e-commerce product video
Whether you produce the e-commerce video in-house or you hire a production company, here are some tips to help your video have real impact:
- Write a great script. It is really important to engage your audience.
- Consider a story, brand tone, voice and visual style.
- Use real scenarios and situations to show the products. Include real customers too.
- Involve influencer or celebrities where necessary.
We hope that you now have a better understanding of the benefits of e-commerce videos and their areas of use. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thanks for reading,