13th November 2020
Video marketing works for companies of all sizes, from start-ups to multinational companies. There are many types of videos, but one of the most effectives to describe and to show the product or service in use is the explainer video. It helps customers quickly understand what the product is and the impact that it could have in their lives.
At the same time, there are many types of explainer videos. What type of explainer video should you use? The answer depends on some key factors like your brand identity, your target audience or the product itself.
Here in this blog, we will show you the most effective explainer videos as well as some examples.
The 6 most effective explainer videos
- 2D CHARACTER ANIMATION. This type of explainer video has become very popular due to its affordability and ease of production. Characters, storyboards and backgrounds should be created to replicate the customer experience.
- 3D ANIMATION. A higher investment is required for this type of video as a lot of time is required to produce and export the video.
- LIVE -ACTION VIDEO. To create a live-action video you should film real people explaining or using the product. The integration of real people may help customers understand the product and its benefits. You should notice that its cost will depend on the actors, locations, equipment used, etc.
- LIVE-ACTION WITH TRACK ELEMENTS. These videos combine both live action video and animation and it is really useful way to highlight key aspects of the video. They are often used in presentations and corporate videos.
- KINETIC TYPOGRAPHIC ANIMATION. These videos use words rather than images to explain the product or service.
- SCREENCAST. Screencast explainer videos are used to show how an app works. It as simple as recording the screen and adding some visual effects like zooming, highlights or the mouse pointer afterwards.
Where should I use Explainer Vids?
Explainer videos are a powerful marketing tool. Once you have the final product get the most from your investment embedding it in different platforms. Some examples are:
- YOUR HOMEPAGE.
- EMAIL CAMPAIGNS
- SOCIAL MEDIA.
- RETARGETING ADS. It consists on showing your video to those who have visited your website and that haven’t take any action.
If after reading this blog you’re curious about what type of video would be best for your brand, don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation.
Thank you for reading,