8th October 2020
Video has become one of the most powerful marketing tools and many companies are already using it as part of their content marketing strategies. There are many types of videos, but here in this blog we are going to focus on product videos. We are going to explain why it is important for a company to include product videos to their marketing strategy.
What is a Product Video?
A product video is an effective tool to highlight the product’s features and to show it in action. Its production requires a high investment. However, the time, money and effort invested are worth it, as product vids help build brand trust and increase conversions.
In addition, it is one of the most preferred ways for potential customers to learn about your product as it conveys the message in a clear and concise manner.
Why are Product Videos important?
Now that you already know what product videos are, let’s see why they are important.
- PRODUCT VIDEOS ENGAGE CUSTOMERS. Product vids are more engaging than images and texts. They capture customers’ attention for longer than any other marketing tool.
- PRODUCT VIDEOS RAISE CONVERSIONS. Many people are concerned about the quality of the products when purchasing online. A product video showcasing the product in action eliminates their doubts, encouraging some of them to make a purchase.
- THEY BULD BRAND TRUST. High-quality videos tell your customers that you are a well-established brand. In addition, they also prove that you care about the customer experience.
- VIDEOS ARE MORE SHAREABLE. Visual content tends to be more shareable than text. Social shares will help you reach larger audiences which can be translated into more sales.
- GOOGLE LOVES VIDEOS. Including videos on your landing page will help you increase your website traffic. In fact, recent studies suggest that marketers using video receive 41% more traffic than those who do not use it. Just make sure it has a SEO- friendly title, description and a website link.
- PRODUCT VIDEOS SAVE TIME. Having a video explaining the main characteristics of your product and showing it in action will save you time as you won’t have to explain the product to each individual prospect.
Tips to create impactful Product Videos
Being aware of the positive impact that high-quality product videos can have in a company, we thought it would be good to share some tips to create effective product videos:
- Be creative. Find a creative way to show your audience how beneficial your product is.
- Keep it short. Make sure it is long enough to convey the message but short enough to retain their attention.
- Create mobile-friendly videos.
- Create high-quality videos.
- Include the video on your landing page. Embedding the product video in your landing page can boost conversions up to 40%.
- Share the video on social media. Social shares will help you boost awareness about your brand. This may also be translated into higher sales.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of the definition and importance of product videos. Should you have any doubt, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading,