14th April 2020
What Is Corporate Video?
Simply put a corporate video is a video that shows what the company does. That is, what products or services it offers and how it carries out the process. What’s more, it is also used to show the businesses national and international reach or its national and global clients. As a result of this, people automatically know the kind of clients the company usually works with.
In addition, it can also show the team that is behind the products or services, the factories where they are developed or offered or their offices. Finally, it is a key way to present the technologies and processes involved.
Below is an example of a project we did for for Wax Digital, here you’ll see the services and products on offer:
Why Do You Need A Corporate Video?
Here are some reasons that explain why you need a corporate video:
- Above all, it boosts awareness of your brand and helps customers identify with you. If a customer can identify with you, then he/she feels more confident and it is more likely to buy a product or service.
- It helps you increase understanding of your products or services in an entertaining way. In fact, a corporate video is a great way for your customer to quickly and easily understand you, your product or your service.
- Search engines favour videos. In short, Google rewards companies with rich content (videos and images) in their websites ranking them higher.
- It can be shared in social media. Consequently, the company can reach more potential customers thorough their followers’ shares, likes and comments.
- It is a great opportunity to include a call for action and make the viewers think about buying the product.
- Video can increase ROI. Concretely, viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a video. Thus, videos are worth it.
How Much Does A Corporate Video Cost?
A Corporate video can cost anywhere between £3,000 to £30,000. In fact, it depends on a number of factors such as:
The creative idea.
- The equipment
- The company hired to film it
- The number of locations
- The number of videos desired
- The length of the videos
- The adjustment of the length of the videos to be used in social media.
- The inclusion of effects or music
- The use of voice over
The Changing Faces Of Corporate Videos
Here at Impress, our team has extensive experience in filming corporate videos. For instance, we have worked with lots of companies helping them to raise awareness and to increase their inquiries. However, what we have observed over the last years is that there has been a shift from the standard corporate video to a more personal approach. Now, rather than just showing the products and services offered, there is a focus on the business environment and on the company-client relationship. Evidently, companies try to show that they are humans just like their clients.
Whatever your approach, it’s important to follow a number of key stages to create impactful corporate videos. Below there are 5 key points to get you started:
- Start with a brainstorm.
- Focus on your customers’ benefits.
- Perfect the script or storyboard as it is a great way to organise your ideas and visualise them.
- Match your ideas with strong visuals. Make sure your first scene is eye-catching.
- Share your video using the right channels. No matter where you share it, make sure you optimise your video’s title, description and call to action.