30th September 2021
Animation videos have become one of the most essential marketing tools to promote a product or service. This surge in need comes from its effectiveness in raising brand awareness, increasing sales and encouraging people to take action. These videos tend to be simple, engaging and straight to the point, making it easy for viewers to retain the information conveyed in the video. Given their importance, we provide you with a complete guide on how to create animated videos to promote your brand.
Types of Animated Videos
Let’s start with the different types of animated videos out there. There exist different types and the ones you choose may vary depending on your marketing needs. These animated video types are:
Animators create the characters and background of these videos in a 2-dimensional space. They utilise music – usually upbeat corporate music – to get people interested and create emotion and a storyboarded script to convey the message.
3D Animated videos are videos created in a 3-dimensional space. They are the most suitable video type to present 3D objects or to give more credibility to the video. An example of when to use 3D animation is in a medical procedure. Here, animations help people visualise the procedures without having to watch disgusting images.
E.g video rives video
Whiteboard animations consist of a set of hand-drawn illustrations on a whiteboard with a combination of emulated animation. They are incredibly effective to communicate complex ideas and businesses tend to use them for their explainer videos.
In this type of animation, video producers manipulate words to create emotions or ideas. During the production process, texts can be moved, made larger or blended. Besides, with regards to their purpose, these videos are especially effective to make a point using words and letters. They are usually very minimalistic but very impactful too.
Infographics use graphic animation to create easy to understand and interactive informative videos. This type of animation tries to give viewers as much information as possible in a short time.
Creating Animated Videos to Promote a Brand
There are many ways to create effective animated videos to promote your brand. However, our highly skilled video team has created a list of the main steps to be followed based on its experience.
- Firstly, take time to understand the goal you want to achieve. Do you want to promote your product or service, or do you prefer a “how-to video” to explain to viewers how the product/service works?
- Start defining the message you want to get across to your audience. This is your starting point to get the ball rolling on where the focus of your animation is going to be.
- Ask the team of illustrators to create a storyboard. It should show how the story will play out scene by scene. This stage also helps you identify if the message will be presented in such a way that it gets the best results.
- Time to record the voice over with a professional voice artist (if possible). Finding the right voice over is key for the success of the animation video.
- With help of a professional animation team, add all the movements and voice over to the illustrated scenes. Also, for a final touch, add music and sound effects. They will influence the tone and feel of the overall video.
- Finally, market your video. Upload it to your social media channels or to any other key marketing channels you might have.
If you decide to invest in animation video production, make sure you ask for the source files so you can repurpose the content in the future. Repurposing your animated videos means that you will be able to maximise on the money that you have spent creating it.
Thank you for reading,