11th February 2021
Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer, has recently added a new feature to its website: Amazon Product Videos. Here in this blog, we will show you which users can upload videos to their listings, the guidelines they should follow as well as the benefits of this video type.
Who can upload Product Videos to Amazon?
Product videos are not available to all Amazon sellers. Right now, only vendors and sellers who own a brand registered on Amazon’s Brand Registry can upload product videos to their listings.
It is important to note though that many sellers from the EU and the UK, despite having their brands registered on Amazon’s Brand Registry, don’t have the option to upload videos to their Amazon listing yet. In these countries, the feature is currently just available to vendors.
Amazon Product Video Guidelines
Amazon product video guidelines are very strict. Violation of these guidelines will result in your video or entire account being removed. Here are some examples:
- Videos should be high quality.
- The product video must be entirely in English.
- There may be less than 6 images for the video to appear on the image block.
- Videos can’t contain several brand logos.
- The video should either be in its usual YouTube orientation or with 16:9 aspect ratio.
- It should be in any of these file formats: MP4, MOV, FLV, AAC, AVI, 3GP, MPEG-2.
- Videos should be uploaded with a high-quality thumbnail (The thumbnail image should be in .png or .jpeg).
- The person uploading the video must be the brand owner.
- The creator of the video should support claims and any mentioned awards by evidence.
- Owners can’t include defamatory statements.
- Comparisons (if added) should be accurate.
- No controversial, sensitive, or sexually suggestive content.
- No health or medical claims and medical advice.
- Amazon product videos must not contain prices, promotion information, discounts, or time-sensitive information.
- You must not mention reviews that contain inaccurate information about the product, use reviews posted more than one year ago or edit reviews.
- No contact information.
- You can’t modify the manufacturer’s warranty or offer your own one.
- You must not direct viewers away from Amazon’s page.
- Your videos should not infringe on another’s intellectual property rights.
- Celebrity endorsements are not permitted unless the brand has received an official endorsement.
- Videos can’t show up alcohol products.
Bear in mind that Amazon keeps updating its Amazon Product Video guidelines. Thus, make sure you review them and make any changes if needed.
Why should you use video on your Amazon Product Page?
Consumer purchasing behaviour has changed over the years. Now, most buyers do plenty of research before making a purchase. Adding an Amazon product video to your listing giving viewers more information about the product’s features and uses will help you boost your sales, mainly because these detailed videos help viewers better understand the product and determine whether it covers their needs. In addition, these videos save a lot of time for potential customers as they don’t have to leave the page to look for further information and reviews about the product
Besides, a recent survey stated that 79% of online shoppers would rather watch a video about a product than read its description. 96% of the respondents also said that video helps them make an online purchase. Lastly, it is important to emphasize that conversion rates are higher on pages with embedded videos.
Is it free to add a product video to an Amazon listing?
Adding product videos to a listing is only free for brand-registered marketplace sellers. Vendors must pay extra to use this feature. Nonetheless, any brand or seller can have product videos under the customer review section at no cost.
Which Amazon Product Video type should I use?
The answer to this question will vary depending on the products you are selling. However, we have created a list of the most used product video types as they have been proved to be the most efficient. Click on the video type (in bold) to have an idea of how each video looks like.
- Product highlights video, which focuses on the product itself.
- Customer experience video, whose main aim is to show the product in use.
- Explainer video which focuses on the benefits of the product as well as on the problems it solves.
- Comparison video, which shows a product in comparison to the competitor’s one.
After reading this blog, you may have a better understanding of Amazon product videos’ benefits and guidelines. Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for reading,