Where When And How To Share Corporate Videos
Corporate videos have become an essential tool for businesses to showcase their products, services, and overall brand identity. These videos allow businesses to showcase their unique value proposition, demonstrate their expertise and credibility, and build emotional connections with their target audience.
However, simply creating a corporate video is not enough to achieve these goals. In order for a corporate video to be effective, it must be shared with the right audience, at the right time, and through the right channels. This requires a comprehensive plan for where, when, and how to share the video.
One important aspect to consider is the type of content that you are sharing. Different types of corporate videos serve different purposes, and choosing the right one to share will depend on your business goals. For example, an explainer video would be ideal for introducing a new product or service, while a brand video would be more suitable for building awareness and trust in your brand.
Here in this blog, we will show you what platforms work best for your corporate video as well as when you should post it.
When it comes to “where” to share a corporate video, businesses have a wide range of options. Social media platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook are popular choices, as they have a large user base and are easily shareable. Additionally, businesses can also incorporate videos into their website and email marketing campaigns, providing another avenue for reaching their audience.
There are many platforms where you can share your corporate videos. The ones you choose will depend on the type of video used as well as your target audience. Some of these platforms are:
- YouTube: the second largest search engine. This is one of the most popular platforms for sharing corporate videos, so being found can be hard. Thus, make sure you optimise your corporate video using tags and including the keywords in the title and meta description. This way you can benefit from its large user base. Creating playlists will also help you rank higher.
- Website: Corporate videos can also be uploaded to a business’s website and embedded in blog posts, landing pages, and other web pages.
- Vimeo: the video sharing platform. Here your video plays in high definition and with no ads or distracting videos. Although there are less users than in YouTube, uploading your corporate video to Vimeo could help you maximise your reach.
- Newsletters. You can also include your corporate video in one of your newsletters. Subscribers are people already interested in your company, so chances are that they will watch it.
- Email signature. Another option is to include your video in your email signature.
- Social media like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google +. Whichever platform you use make sure you upload the video direct rather than posting a link. What’s more, if your corporate video is long, make sure you shorten it (it should be 30-60 seconds long).
- Partner blogs. You can ask your industry partners to publish a blog on their website (Where you will include your corporate video). You can promote some of their content in exchange.
Apart from knowing all the possible platforms where you can post your corprate video, you should have in mind your audience. Understanding your target audience is essential to determining the right platforms and strategies for sharing your video. For example, if your target audience is primarily on LinkedIn, it would make sense to focus your sharing efforts there.
The “when” to share a corporate video is also crucial. Timing will vary depending on the target audience and the message being conveyed. For example, if a business is promoting a new product, it would be best to share the video closer to the product launch date, while a brand video would be best shared at a time when the target audience is most active on the platform being used.
Moreover, each social media network has its posting rules. The timing used will vary depending on your industry and target audience. Basically, you have to post your corporate video whenever your audience is more likely to see and engage with your content.
In general, from our research, the best time to share corporate videos is early in the workweek from 9am to 12pm. But, ‘how do you find the best time for my business?’ Below are tips to help you find out that exact question:
- Know your audience. Who is more likely to buy your product or hire your service? what social media platforms do they use? What do they like?
- Upload the same content (not the same month) several times to test times.
- Consider location. If you have customers in different countries you will have to take into account their time zones.
- Look at your competitors. You should take note of the content and timing used by your competitors. When do they get the higher amounts of likes, shares and comments?
- Never stop testing, as both algorithms and people’s behaviour change.
Having a social media report to track your engagement at different posting times, will help you discover which time works best for your company.
Finally, “how” to share a corporate video is also important. This includes identifying the key message and the call to action for the audience, optimizing the video for search engines, and sharing it with the right audience.
Another important point to consider is the video format, you can choose between live video, animated video, explainer video and many other types, and each one of them may be more suitable for different types of audience and goals.
In addition to these key considerations, it’s also important to track and measure the performance of your corporate videos. By analyzing data such as views, engagement, and conversion rates, you can gain valuable insights into what’s working and what’s not, and make adjustments accordingly.
Are the timings and platforms used important?
Yes, they are. However, they are not all you need to succeed. Content is also really important. Thus, make sure you have a high-quality corporate video filmed by an experienced video production company.
In conclusion, corporate videos are an essential tool for businesses to connect with their audience, promote their brand, and drive conversions. By having a plan for where, when, and how to share corporate videos, businesses can ensure that their videos reach the right audience at the right time and achieve their desired business goals. We hope you have found this blog interesting, and thank you for taking the time to read it,