6th August 2020
Businesses use corporate videos to share valuable information with their current and potential customers.
In order to maximise their investment, businesses should share their videos on several platforms. Video marketing is a great way to reach larger audiences and increase conversions.
Time also plays a key role here. A well-timed post can lead to more likes, shares and comments.
Here in this blog, we will show you what platforms work best for your corporate video as well as when you should post it.
Where should I share my Corporate Videos?
There are many platforms where you can share your corporate videos. The ones you choose will depend on the type of video used as well as your target audience. Some of these platforms are:
- YouTube, the second largest search engine. Being found in this platform can be hard, as there are millions of videos. Thus, make sure you optimise your corporate video using tags and including the keywords in the title and meta description. Creating playlists will also help you rank higher.
- Your Website. Embed your corporate video higher on the page (before the fold) for better results.
- VIMEO, the video sharing platform. Here your video plays in high definition and with no ads or distracting videos. Although there are less users than in YouTube, uploading your corporate video to VIMEO could help you maximise your reach.
- Newsletters. You can also include your corporate video in one of your newsletters. Subscribers are people already interested in your company, so chances are that they will watch it.
- Email signature. Another option is to include your video in your email signature.
- Social media like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google +. Whichever platform you use make sure you upload the video direct rather than posting a link. What’s more, if your corporate video is long, make sure you shorten it (it should be 30-60 seconds long).
- Partner blogs. You can ask your industry partners to publish a blog on their website (Where you will include your corporate video). You can promote some of their content in exchange.
When should I share my Corporate Videos?
Each social media network has its posting rules. The timing used will vary depending on your industry and target audience. Basically, you have to post your corporate video whenever your audience is more likely to see and engage with your content.
In general, from our research – the best time to share corporate videos is early in the workweek from 9am to 12pm. But, ‘how do you find the best time for my business?’ Below are tips to help you find out that exact question:
- Know your audience. Who is more likely to buy your product or hire your service? what social media platforms do they use? What do they like?
- Upload the same content (not the same month) several times to test times.
- Consider location. If you have customers in different countries you will have to take into account their time zones.
- Look at your competitors. You should take note of the content and timing used by your competitors. When do they get the higher amounts of likes, shares and comments?
- Never stop testing, as both algorithms and people’s behaviour change.
Having a social media report to track your engagement at different posting times, will help you discover which time works best for your company.
Are the timings and platforms used important?
Yes, they are. However, they are not all you need to succeed. Content is also really important. Thus, make sure you have a high-quality corporate video filmed by an experienced video production company.
After reading this blog, we hope you have a better understanding of where and when you should share your corporate video.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions.
Thank you for reading,